We have a new-to-us dog! This wouldn't be the first dog we inherited, nor will it be the last! She's so cute! And.........her name is MIDGE! Just like me! :) The really weird thing is that my sister picked her as a puppy (she's a Terrier and Yorkie mix) and yet she looks exactly like my step-dad's dog Bear! Bear was the first dog I'd ever had as a pet, and he was the best. You could point your hand in a gun shape at him and yell, "BANG!' and he'd roll over and play dead. He rarely barked. He opened his own Christmas presents. He even smiled. When Midge was hanging out next to me today I just couldn't take my eyes off her because I felt like I was looking at Bear. The image is so spitting that I cried. I'm so excited for this new addition to our family. I'm still curious how she and Chloe (our cat) AKA Ravioli will get along. Chloe has not met a dog she has liked so far.
We recently rescued Chloe from a purebred shelter after the loss of my cat, Cuddles.
I picked her from her litter when I was 8 and she was a newborn. She developed cancer in February and we put her down in April. She was 18. It was the first time in 18 years we had zero animals in our house, and it was bizarre.
My mom was set on getting an Exotic Shorthair and I was set on getting a rescue and not paying for a purebred. I took to the interweb of tubes and found a website that rescues purebreds! Ta da! I found that this organization had recently rescued 99 Exotics and Persians from a hoarding situation. She was very skiddish at first, but she had really blossomed here.
I'm sure she'll adapt and she and Midge will be BFF in no time :)
Ravioli, I mean Chloe, seems to have no fear of strangers now. She thinks we're bffs. Homegirl needs to get off my jock, I'm allergic to her!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet the new additions!
ReplyDelete