Sunday, June 23, 2013

Vegucated

Vegan.  No delicious grilled chicken.  No creamy cheese.  No salmon sashimi.  It's almost unimaginable.  But after I stumbled upon Vegucated on Netflix tonight, I can't bring myself to make my turkey sandwich for work tomorrow.  If ya'll don't know--I love me some sandwiches.

My back is really bothering me, so I picked this film to watch while I was stretching on a yoga mat in the living room while Trevor went to the gym.  When he came back, I turned to him and the following transpired.

Me:   "Soo.  Veganism."
T:  "Oh, Jesus."
Me:  "I KNEW you would saw exactly that.  I know you think it's ridiculous.  But, yeah.  Veganism."
T:  "Uuuuggghhh now I need to watch this damn movie!"

We are currently on the second screening of the evening.  The one loophole he's found so far in the logic was immediately addressed.  There have been far less comments since then.

Honestly, I think the hardest part of accepting even a trial of being vegan is giving up animal based clothing.  I have 4 different colors of the same leather flats because I love them so much.  They are by Bloch, a ballet shoe company, and they are elegant and sturdy.  What am I going to wear to work?  My other go to work shoes are Coach.

I recently contemplated changing Waffles' cat food brand because I read the label and investigated the ingredient "ash".  I felt like an awful cat mama feeding my favorite buddy something that I had no idea was it was made with!  I bought the Newman's Own organic brand from Safeway since I haven't had time to go investigate at Petsmart and now I'm wondering if I can help Waffles go vegan.

I'm not sure where I'm going to go with this information, but I think I'm having a meatless Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment